Sabine Hossenfelder "ESQG Summary and Outlook"
Talk on 16 July 2010 at the workshop "Experimental Search for Quantum Gravity", 12-16 July, 2010, at Nordita in Stockholm, Sweden.
Bee Writes:I like this example of neutral Kaon oscillations because it demonstrates so clearly that quantum gravitational effects are not necessarily too small to be detected in experiments, and it is likely we'll hear more about this in the soon future.Neutral Kaons and Quantum Gravity Phenomenology
|The KLOE detector on the DAFNE interaction region (INFN - Frascati National Laboratories)|
There are five experiments at DAFNE:
- KLOE, or K LOng Experiment, which has been studying CP violation in kaon decays and rare kaon decays since 2000. This is the largest of DAFNE experiments.
- FINUDA, or FIsica NUcleare a DAFNE, studies the spectra and nonmesonic decays of Lambda (Λ)-hypernuclei produced by negatively charged kaons (K−) striking a thin target.
- DEAR, or DAFNE Exotic Atoms Research experiment, determines scattering lengths in atoms made from a kaon and a proton or deuteron.
- DAFNE Light Laboratory consists of 3 lines of synchrotron radiation emitted by DAFNE, a fourth is under construction.
- SIDDHARTA, or SIlicon Drift Detectors for Hadronic Atom Research by Timing Application, aims to improve the precision measurements of X-ray transitions in kaon atoms studied at DEAR.